Monday 15 December 2014

A Christmas list



13 things I have learned in the past fortnight:

1. Improvisation is not just something I do in the classroom or on stage. It’s life. 

2. Writing full-time is different to working full-time.

3. The less I achieve, the more breaks and treats I require.

4. When I relax, I am more creative. When I am creative, I am more relaxed.

5. Kindness and compassion can be self-administered.

6. I need air, light and movement every day. The shorter the day, the greater the need.

7. When my daily routine has stopped working, I can change it.

8. I am no longer a morning person.

9. Ten minutes of busy-minded meditation is still good.

10. There are some bits of Christmas I like. 

11. Christmas shopping is best done in 15-minute bursts, followed by 24-hour recovery periods.

12. If you leave an anxious dog alone with something shreddable, it can only end badly.

13. At a busy time of year, a list is good enough.

Seasonal greetings!

(ps from now on I will be posting from my new blog address here
Please join me.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment